+30 6980 20 20 19

Wedding documentation

Getting married in a foreign country may be daunting if done on Your own. We will do all we can to relieve of the stress and worries.

Marriage is a formally recognized union and as such, it is accompanied by administration. Some documentation must be prepared in advance, some is finished afterwards. Listed here are the records required from You.

Prescribed documents for marriage from both, the groom and the bride, are:

- Birth certificate, and

- Certified copy of passport`s photograph page, and

- Documentation of a name change (if applicable), and

- Widow(-er) certificate (if applicable), and

- permission to marry issued by your country of residence (e.g. Certificate of non-impediment, or Certificate of Freedom to marry...), and

- Decree absolute (applicable if You are divorced).

According to the Hague Convention, 1961, every document must be authorized by an apostille from your government`s Foreign office or Legalisation Office. Apostille is a certificating stamp, i.e. a guarantee that the signature, seal and stamp on each document`s page is genuine. Apostille seal must be at the back of each document page, photocopy etc. You can not authenticate more records with a single apostille. Such documents are not accepted by the officials.

Above mentioned documents must be officially translated to Greek. Translation can be done by any Greek Consulate or Greek Embassy or even here in Greece in Athens by the Official Translation Service.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.us these documents at least 30 days before the wedding. Upon arrival please hand these documents to us, so that we may arrange the formalities.

Upon the wedding no documentation is to be older that three (3) months. Please do not issue any documentation more than three months prior the wedding date.

Certificate of marriage from Greece is world-wide recognised without any objections. After Your arrival home Greek documents confirming Your marriage will need to be translated back to Your language and then registered locally.

In a Greek orthodox church only orthodox wedding is allowed. In the old town of Nauplio there is also a catholic church that may organise a catholic christian wedding. Civil wedding is undertaken at the Town Hall. Vila Vivari is 10 minutes far from Nauplio Town Hall and the transport of the couple is included in the Wedding package

Should You wish to organize a special ceremony for Your guests, after the civil proceeding, Your vows may be read according to Your imagination, on a yacht, at the beach surrounded by azure sea or at the picturesque hill with astonishing view. More about ceremony is here.



Join our mailing list to receive offers and news about Vila Vivari

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you accept their use. Further information

Vila Vivari official, VAT No.117139588, License No. 1245Κ133Κ0408801. Kohlmann © 2016